Required Music Supplies
- Instrument — Need an instrument? Call Kolacny Music at 303.722.6081 to find out about their Rent-to-Own Program. Percussionists will need a Drum & Bells Kit. We supply all other necessary percussion instruments for classes and performances.
- Instrument Accessories — All instruments require cleaning and maintenance, and some require special accessories (detailed below). When you rent or buy your instrument, make sure you get the appropriate accessory equipment.
- Curriculum Books — In addition to our Achievement Requirements Booklet that lists all of our curriculum requirements, students at each level will need a theory book and a method book. First-time students will receive all required books with the price of tuition. (A few exceptions apply.)
- Music Stand — We suggest a folding wire music stand.
- Pencil — A pencil is required at each class and is necessary for making markings in the performance music as well as completing music theory lessons. For students who have trouble keeping track of a pencil, we suggest tucking one into your instrument case to have on hand at all times. NO PENS!
- Concert Attire — For performances only. Not required at dress rehearsals. Requirements vary by band.
*Please remember to label all of your supplies with your first and last name!*
All instruments require cleaning and maintenance, and some require special accessories.
Flute: cleaning rod and cloth
Oboe: cleaning cloth, cork grease, reeds (Beginning Band students should start with a soft reed)
Bassoon: cleaning cloth, cork grease, seat strap, reeds
Clarinet: cleaning cloth, cork grease, reeds (Beginning Band students should start with a #2 reed)
Saxophone: cleaning cloth, PADDED neck strap, cork grease, reeds (Beginning Band students should start with a #2 reed)
Trumpet: valve oil
French Horn: valve oil, French horn string
Trombone: slide oil
Baritone & Euphonium: valve oil
Tuba: valve oil
Percussion: snare sticks (in addition to a “Drum and Bells Kit” including practice pad, snare drum, snare drum stand, and a set of bells)